Volunteer of the Year Award
by Suzanne Ebright of the
Calhoun Conservation District
Wilder Creek Conservation Club
19833 D Drive South, Marshall, MI 49068
"Meet Us at the Creek"
The purpose and objectives of this organization shall be to further and advance the cause of conservation in all its phases, to perpetuate and conserve our minerals, water, soil, air and forest resources and to encourage the proper management and enjoyment of our total environment...
Wilder Creek Conservation Club views its mission as educating youth and adults alike in the methods of responsible environmental conservation and "green space" management.The castle at Wilder Creek Conservation Club was constructed at its present location during the Works Progress Administration (WPA) between 1936-1937. The structure was originally located near Concord, Michigan. It was disassembled by WPA workers and rebuilt, stone by stone, at the Wilder Creek site.
Wilder Creek was named for the Homer, Michigan surveyor, Oshea Wilder, who originally surveyed the area and platted the village of Homer.
We're located at 19833 D Drive South, Marshall, MI 49068. Drive by and enjoy the view!
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AVAILABLE ON LINE BY CLICKING ON "Membership Application" tab
Please contact us by clicking on "CONTACT US" tab at the left.
Mailing Address: WILDER CREEK CONSERVATION CLUB, P. O. BOX 21, MARSHALL, MI 49068